TO LOOK UP, TO READ UP Our library offer for you
In the Hamm Municipal Central Library you will find a large stock of books and online literature for your research during your studies. The library is located right next to our SRH University of Applied Sciences at the Hamm campus and is considered one of the most modern libraries in the area.
HOW THE BOOK LOAN WORKS
Literature research for your studies
You get your library card from our student services and can use the online as well as the on-site services of the Hamm Central Library. The library is located in the Heinrich-von-Kleist-Forum, right next to our SRH University of Applied Sciences at the Hamm campus. The books of the university are labelled "SRH". Online encyclopaedias and databases can also be used free of charge outside the central library. The 11-digit ID number must be entered as the login and one's own date of birth as the password in the form DD.MM.YYYY. The library offers a wide range of services:
- The online catalogue
- An international press portal
- The largest English-language online encyclopaedia "Britannica Library
- The meta search engine for scientific purposes "Digibib" (https://www.hamm.de/bildung-und-weiterbildung/stadtbuecherei/info-seite/die-digibib-wasist-das.html. This is a collection of sources and database access provided by the NRW-HBZ University Library Centre. It includes catalogues and full-text source collections).
- Another service is the KVK, the Karlsruhe Virtual Catalogue. This is a meta-catalogue search engine that bundles a wide variety of national and international library catalogues under one search interface.
For both portals, the publications searched in them can be ordered via the library by interlibrary loan. During opening hours, the library can also be used for studying or preparing for exams. Free W-LAN and free PC workstations are available. There are individual and group workstations on all floors. In addition, three group rooms can be reserved for three hours a day for groups of at least two people. When making an appointment, only the user card is required.
EBSCO Online Database
Our university offers you a new online database for your literature research: With "EBSCO", one of the largest providers of printed and electronic journals, periodicals and e-books is at your disposal.
From 1 May 2020, you will be able to access the "Business Source" in this database, one of the most widely used full-text databases in the academic sector. In addition to a large number of academic journals, it also contains numerous industry reports and company profiles. This combination, in its breadth summarised in one source with a standard reference bibliography, provides the basis for optimal research. The database includes:
- More than 1,100 active journals and magazines in full text
- More than 660 active, peer-reviewed journals in full text
- More than 300 active, peer-reviewed journals in full text without embargo
- More than 550 active journals in full text
If you are studying in the subject area "Technology and Economics", you also have access to more than 21,000 e-books.
For optimal use of the literature database, the university has provided you with detailed instructions for the various research options on the CampusNet platform. In CampusNet you will also find the access link to the database. If you click on this link while you are connected to the university's VPN, you can directly access the content that has been activated for you. Click here to go to CampusNet.
Please note: You can currently only access Ebsco and content select via BYOD WLAN at the university.Ebsco