Your course content
What you will learn
During our distance learning Master programme in Supply Chain Management, you will learn to analyse existing business and IT processes, to plan, control, and manage new ones. You will acquire important personal skills as well as the subject-specific expertise required for a process-oriented approach to global value creation chains. The entire programme is designed so that it can be completed while you continue as an employer.
The Master in Supply Chain Management focuses on management, logistical processes, and logistical information systems in and for logistics-relevant industry sectors in manufacturing, retail, and the logistics service market. The distance learning programme places particular emphasis on four main specializations:
- Business and Management
- Supply Chain Management (Global Logistics)
- Information Systems (especially ERP and SCM)
- Personal Competencies/Soft Skills
Professional supply chain management helps companies to reduce costs, optimize results and efficiency, and increase customer satisfaction. As a result, there is a high demand in today’s labour market for supply chain managers. SAP for example is the primary enterprise resource planning (ERP) system with which we work. We provide interdisciplinary expertise in the fields of strategic logistics management, supply chain operation, international management, process design and management, and big data, as well as supporting you to enhance our personal skills.
Our distance learning Master in Supply Chain Management is built upon a holistic understanding of logistics management and expertise, and takes a practical, business-oriented approach. It is particularly well-suited for you, as an active professional with technical and managerial responsibilities who is employed in the areas of purchasing, logistics, supply chain management, or production planning. The programme is specifically designed to be pursued while you are still actively employed. Our distance learning degree programme provides you with a practical, application-oriented education that includes a strong scientific basis, preparing you for technical and managerial responsibilities in management positions in international manufacturing, retail, and logistics-related service providers.
Our up-to-date Master courses provide you with a top-notch education, and allow you to continue to grow on both, a personal and a professional level. While continuing to work full- or part-time, you can advance your career prospects by earning an internationally recognised qualification in Supply Chain Management.
Our Master in Supply Chain Management - distance learning, gives you the opportunity to acquire scientifically based expertise on the overall design and management of local and global value creation chains, based on both company-internal and external logistical considerations.
A further objective of the distance learning Master in Supply Chain Management is to equip you with the know-how you need to conduct independent practical work in team leadership, personnel management, and operative and strategic supply chain management, as well as in participative or executive functions within IT implementation projects.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
Analysis of the labour market has shown that there is high demand for qualified supply chain managers in industrial, retail, consulting, and software enterprises, as well as by logistics service providers.
Competition is no longer limited to products or companies – today, the competition also includes entire supply chains and value networks. The key to remaining competitive is in the integration of individual elements. This is where Supply Chain Management plays a crucial role. Supply chain managers manage this integration by designing holistic, integral processes and embedding these in information systems.
Our Master in Supply Chain Management - distance learning builds on your existing knowledge and skills, while you continue to remain active professionally. The highly relevant and timely course content is designed to allow you to enhance your professional and personal development and to strengthen your professional qualifications. You are then able to tailor your own individual profile.
The distance learning course allows you to gain scientifically based expertise that will equip you to take on the overall design and management of local and global supply chains. As ongoing globalization creates a growing need for companies to increase their efficiency, supply chain management is more relevant than ever. Companies are always on the lookout for highly qualified professionals, able to identify and seize opportunities in value and supply chains, while minimizing the risks. Of course, in addition to a career in the professional world of supply chain management, our Master’s programme enables you to aim for a doctorate.
- International Management 6
- Strategic Logistics Management 6
- Process Design and Management 6
- Information Systems in Logistics 6
- Communication and Knowledge Management 6
- Supply Chain Operation 6
- Business Intelligence 6
- Operations Research 6
- Supply Chain Management Systems 6
- Leadership 6
- International Commercial Law 6
- E-Business 6
- Enhanced IT-Applications 6
- SCM-Processes 6
- Intercultural Competences 6
- Master's Thesis incl. Colloquium 30
Your lecturers We help you achieve your goals
For your application you will need:
- Proof of at least 180 credits (ECTS) of completed university studies (diploma, bachelor's degree) predominantly in the fields of logistics, industrial engineering, economics, engineering sciences, information technology or in corresponding courses of study and disciplines.
- One of the following qualifications: General university entrance qualification, University of Applied Sciences entrance qualification, North Rhine-Westphalia extended university entrance qualification or for international applicants: university entrance qualification or equivalent
- Health insurance certificate
- Certification of proficiency in English (e. g. IELTS 6.5, a TOEFL score of at least 600 (pbT) / 80 (ibT), or other verification (for instance, via an interview). This requirement is waived for students from countries where English is the official language of education.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country before beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enroll at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
As a state-recognised, private university, the SRH Campus Rhineland is financed by tuition fees. This income is used to equip our campus, to provide services for our students and for quality assurance. In this way, we ensure that you receive the best possible education under optimal study conditions.
- 420 Euro per month*
The monthly fee remains the same throughout the entire study period.
*For EU/EEA nationals including Switzerland and the Western Balkans. Students from non-EU/EEA countries always pay the full semester fee in advance and a registration fee of 750 Euro.
Please note: non-EU/EEA-citizens will be asked to pay the amount for 12 months of the respective course fees as well as the one-time registration fee in advance. It is also mandatory for the student to pay the amount for 12 months of the respective course fees for an additional year at the latest 3 months before the start of the new academic year.
Our financing advice will help you realise your dream to study. You have numerous options for financing your studies. On our financing page you will find, for example, financing options from our partner Brain Capital and other options.
Application process and deadlines
We look forward to welcoming you soon at the SRH Campus Rhineland!
We do not have any application deadlines. This is what your application process looks like:
1. You can apply easy by clicking on the button 'Apply' on our website and you will be linked to our SRH application portal.
2. You can register online on our SRH application portal and will be guided through the application process.
3. After you have sent your application, we will check your admission.
4. If you fulfill the requirements, you will receive a contract from us by post or email. You will also receive an overview of the documents we still need from you.
5. You sign your study contract and send it back to us together with the missing documents.
6. You will receive your certificate of enrolment after we received your fees on our University bank account.
7. You take part in our introductory week and start your dream study programme!
There is no deadline for enrolment. You have the choice to apply whenever you want. But to guarantee a smooth process, we highly recommend to apply as soon as possible.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country for beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enrol at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
- You learn step by step
- You study in practical tasks and in small teams
- You can concentrate on the essentials in 5-week-blocks
- You get continuous performance feedback